Glory

Glory

May 17, 2011

Attachments

Today CCAI had sent me another email. Attached to the email were pictures and a document. I knew this was going to be yet another important email, however, the email and attachments had to wait. I had just come home from work and my son was begging me to make a chicken recipe (which takes some time to make when your chickens are still whole). Supper was done and eaten in a matter of minutes. (Funny how much time you take to make a meal for a family only to see it disappear in minutes.) Anyway, I digress. There were still garden seeds to plant that had come in the mail today. So off to Mom Penner's we went to get the seed planter. We planted the garden, played and enjoyed the beautiful evening, then up to the bathroom for baths and showers. Once the kids were in bed it was time to clean up from supper and make a snack for some kindergartners. (Puppy Chow was the request of the week. : ))  After cleaning up the kitchen, I could finally sit down to look at the all important email. I clicked on the "download attachment" button and I noticed that the computer decided to run extra slow tonight. Ugh! My wonderful husband tried to get it going faster, but nothing seemed to work. So, after about an hour we finally were able to see the attachments. Recent pictures of our little girl with some major changes. MAJOR!

The first set of pictures we were sent was when she was only 5 months old. She will be one on June 16th. She has a cleft lip and palate and neither had been fixed yet. It was quite breath taking to look at such an open lip and palate, even for the nurse in me. Over the last week and a half, I have been on the phone and emailing with doctors and clinics for someone to look at pictures and give me their take on her lip and palate. What does a repair all involve? How many surgeries? One doctor was concerned about her ear being what is called a "simple ear". This doctor said it could be a sign of hearing problems and requested more updated information. So, I took her advice and requested updated information, specifically about her hearing, and updated pictures, not thinking I would really get any updates. That is when this whole attachment to an email became so important to me. I was hoping it was updated information. Now why did the computer have to be so slow tonight! Why? Well, the pictures show a little girl who no longer has a cleft lip and there are plans to have her palate repaired in the next 6 months, and they have reported that she hears very well. Praise the Lord!!! I had mixed emotions about having her lip and palate repaired "over there", but I know and completely submit to God's control in this. He knows what we can handle and what we cannot. Is this a way He is providing for one of our and her needs? This just once again proves it is SO not about me or Jason or what we want or what we think is supposed to happen. This is all for His glory and all praise needs and can only go to Him!

I would love to share pictures with you all, but I have strict orders to not share pictures until we have been pre-approved by those that need to approve us.  : ) I will say she is just adorable! : )

A few people have asked what our time line is for going to China to get our China doll. My answer is I have no idea. Well, I have ideas, but at this rate I am just not sure. Right now we are in waiting mode. We are waiting on a few things before we can go any further with our adoption process and waiting is not my cup of tea! I am getting very impatient. I feel so helpless and unable to do anything to keep this process moving. So if you think of me or our family, will you please pray for patience for me. Yes, I know His timing is perfect, but right now I am just not sure what the purpose of waiting is, but then again, I never would have imagined any of this going the way it has so far. Why do I question or get impatient then? Once we can move forward, there is a homestudy to complete and a lot more paper work, certification of the paperwork, authentication of the paperwork, notorizing the paperwork (not necessarily in that order). So I don't want to put a time frame on it. Right now I just have to take it one day at a time and for now WAIT.

Soli Deo Gloria!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Laura -- I'm so glad you have started this blog. It is so interesting and inspiring to read about your journey in the adoption of your little "China doll". And what a wonderful witness to God's hand in our lives. You are in my prayers. Love, Aunt Sandy

    ReplyDelete