Glory

Glory

Jun 16, 2011

To My Lucy

Dearest sweet Lucy-

Today is your 1st birthday. Happy Birthday! We celebrated your special day in our home. Your Grandma Penner came over for supper. (Grandpa Penner flew to North Carolina to spend some time with your cousins, Grant and Wesley, and your Uncle Aaron and Aunt Karen.) We sang Happy Birthday to you and your brothers blew out your candle. It was a special day here and I hope and pray that it was a special day for you in China.

Lucy, I have not known you for very long and I have yet to hold you and hug you, but already you have a very special place in my heart. My desire to be with you in person grows each day. I imagine what the day will be like when I do finally get to hold you and learn about your personality. I dream about what the future holds for you. I imagine the day when I find you and your sister giggling in your room and me having to go upstairs and tell you it is time to go to sleep. I look forward to Ian and Aiden showing you around your new home and around all the places to explore on our yard. They are excited to tell their friends about you.

I pray for you daily, if not more. I pray that you are safe, healthy, and growing. I pray that God is preparing me to be the mother I am called to be to you. I pray that you receive Jesus as your Savior and Lord at an early age and that you live in the confidence that only He can give you. A good friend of mine made your sister a memories box after she was born. On one side of the box there is a verse that I just love and pray for you and Isabelle:
"She is clothed with strength and dignity, and she laughs without fear of the future."       Proverbs 31:25
  Oh Lucy, you are so precious to me and I love you! Happy 1st birthday dear one!

Love,
Mommy

Here are some pictures and video from today's party:
 O.k. so I was a little rushed to finish your cake and it kind of fell apart! It was a butter cake with a whipped topping/pudding filling and chocolate chip/chocolate frosting. (I'm pretty sure you would have liked it.)
 And the cake just kept falling apart as we cut it, but hey, it kind of looks like a cake after a 1 year old is done with it. : )

                                    
 Ahem! We do wear clothes in our house. We just had lasagna and I didn't want Izzy's WHITE shirt to get sauce on it. Lucy, your sister is already excited to share a room with you.

We all love you and cannot wait to share your next birthday and many birthdays to come with you blowing out your own candles.

2 comments:

  1. I can picture an adult Lucy treasuring this video of her family before she ever met them. She is such a blessed little girl to already be part of such a loving, Christian family. We are so happy for you and pray that she will arrive as soon as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely idea. She'll love knowing that her family cared so much even before they were united. And your daughter, thinking you were snapping a photo and "cheesing" for the camera just cracked me up. Your kids are sweet. All four of them. Happy Birthday Lucy!

    ReplyDelete