Yesterday I received an email from our case worker. In the email she attached our home study. THE HOME STUDY we have been patiently (or maybe at times, not so patiently) waiting over a month to look over. This is a big step in our adoption process. This means after the home study has been reviewed by us and then by our Chinese agency in Colorado (CCAI), we can send in more paper work to be put in someone else's hands to review and wait for phone calls. I know, it may sound redundant, but having this home study allows us to move forward yet again, and we are that much closer to bringing Lucy home. We are praising the Lord for this home study being completed and asking for prayer that the papers can get to where they need to go and that the people who need to see our papers would be available to attend to them quickly.
Having this home study complete also means we can apply for grants from organizations like Show Hope and The Abba Fund to assist us in financially providing for this adoption. So, as you see, I will be up to my ears in paperwork. : ) As I have been waiting for this home study I read a book called Adopt Without Debt by Julie Gumm. She gives practical advice to parents that are either looking into adopting and may think they cannot afford it, or parents that are in the process of adopting. I thought we had exhausted all our options to save money, make money, or ways to keep us from going into debt until I read about one website that interested me. There is a coffee roasting company called Just Love Coffee that sells exotic coffees from several parts of the world. They roast the coffee as it is ordered and ship it to the person that orders it. The adopting family gets $5 for each bag that is sold. I just received my first bags of coffee and am pretty excited to try them. I am not a saleswoman. I am not a big fan of asking people to buy something (I leave that to my retired insurance salesman father and current salesman brother). So, I am not going to beg you to buy this coffee. I may post it on Facebook every once in a while.You may get an email from me about it. However, I am just spreading the word to those that like a good cup of coffee in the morning and would like their purchase to have a purpose, helping an orphan get home to her forever family. : ) I set a goal of $5,000 to help with our adoption costs and the medical needs that she may have when she does come home. So, I figure (if my math is correct, which I have been to known to mess up) if I can get 1,000 people to buy just one bag of coffee, I will have reached my goal. So, I am asking if you have friends, family, or co-workers that enjoy coffee, pass this information onto them. Hey, just today I was reminded that Christmas is only 4 months away, maybe you could get some of your Christmas shopping done a little early. : ) Here is the link: www.justlovecoffee.com/ThePenners
There is my sales pitch! In the end, the Lord will continue to provide for our every need during this adoption. He has proven over and over to provide abundantly more than I need. Thank you for your continued prayers and support.
I hope that it all works out for you and that you're not waiting too long to hold Lucy in your arms.
ReplyDelete