Yesterday I sent my two boys off to the first day of school. Aiden is in first grade and Ian is in second grade. It should be an interesting year because both boys are in the same classroom. The first and second graders are in the same room at their school. It should make for some interesting conversation at the dinner table. The good news for me is that maybe this year I will stay on top of what needs to be sent to school for certain special days. Last year I could not remember if Ian needed show n tell or if it was Aiden's day to bring snack. The boys are excited and are usually eager to learn new things. We love their teachers and their heart for teaching our children in a way that honors God.
I guess with all the these new beginnings today I decided it was time to get this care package for Lucy put together and sent off. So, we finished the package last evening and I sent it off this morning. The whole family was involved in this care package. We sent Lucy a recordable story book. Each of us took a turn and read a couple pages so that Lucy can hear our voices and maybe get used to them. (I have tried to add the video of the recorded book, but blogspot did not want to cooperate, or maybe it is just me. : )). At the end of the book Izzy says, "The End. We love you Lucy." It is just precious. Here are a few pictures of the items included in her first package:
A recordable story book called, All the Ways I Love You, a dress, a headband, a disposable camera, and a little pinkie blankie similar to her big sister's blankie. : )
Here is the inside of cover of the storybook. I added a picture of our family, (actually from last summer, but it is the best picture I have in hard copy right now). Above our heads you notice some labels. Our agency was nice enough to send little labels for Mother, Father, Big Brothers, and Big Sister in English and in Chinese. Now Lucy will get to see us for the first time and then every time she opens her book. : )
I pray that this care package will get to Lucy. It has to go through customs and I followed all the directions that our agency told us to do in order for the package to get there safely. I pray it will brighten Lucy's day and that she enjoys her presents.
I recently requested an update on Lucy from our agency. The response I received is something to this effect: They are waiting to request an update until the beginning of next month. At that time it will be the 6 month window of when Lucy was supposed to get her palate repaired. Usually if a child has been in the hospital the agency receives the discharge paperwork from her stay. They have not yet received that so the agency is thinking it may not have been repaired yet. So, we pray that Lucy is doing well and that we receive an update soon.
Thank you all for your prayers and support. Again, for you coffee drinkers, if you would like to enjoy some great coffee and help us bring our little Lucy home you can go to our coffee storefront at www.justlovecoffee.com/ThePenners. Spread the word to all your coffee drinking friends. : )
Soli Deo Gloria!
No comments:
Post a Comment