Glory

Glory

Sep 15, 2011

Waiting Patiently......or maybe not so much

" 'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you HOPE and a future.' "  -Jeremiah 29:11

I have read this verse so many times. I have heard people use it several times when talking about a certain situation in their lives. This time reading the verse it just really penetrated into the heart.

A good friend of mine and fellow adoptive parent gave me a devotional booklet from the organization Show Hope. It is a great devotional to read through and encourage us as we......what's the dreaded word......WAIT for Lucy to come home. This particular day the devotion was focused on this verse and how the Father knows what is best for our family and for our little Lucy. It was such an encouragement to me after receiving some not so good news earlier in the week.

The past few weeks Jason and I have really felt discouraged and almost hopeless with how this whole process is going. I am just going to be honest with you, I sometimes doubt that we will ever be bringing Lucy home. Several things happened with our home study and the process was delayed, not because of anything Jason or I did but because of others. When it is nothing either Jason or I could do about the situation, I feel so extremely helpless and hopeless. That is when this verse hit me. ".....plans to give you a hope and a future." There you have it! His plans are to give me HOPE and a FUTURE when I am feeling so hopeless. His plans are to give Lucy HOPE and a FUTURE. I need to be trusting in the future He has planned and not what my own plans are. His timing is perfect even when I do not understand the purpose of waiting. He has a plan. At the bottom of the devotion a question is asked: In what ways am I trusting in my own understanding and instead need to come before God in prayer and in faith?  Good question! Notice it says come before God in prayer and IN FAITH. What am I not believing about God when I doubt that He will bring Lucy to our home? I am not putting my faith in the only one that is in control of all things. Oh, I have asked many times to forgive my unbelief of who He really is. I have seen His provision in my life so many times, but how quickly I forget how faithful He is to me. Praise the Lord that He is merciful to me.

Well, on the good side of all this is that I did receive an email today saying our home study is finally approved from CCAI. This is a huge chunk of our dossier paperwork. We can now submit our immigration paperwork and wait for a call that the authorities have received and accepted all the papers and that we can travel up to the Cities for more fingerprints. (I know it is confusing for me too. ; )) It all just means that we can once again move forward. We still have a long way to go before we can travel to get Lucy, but every step closer is reason to celebrate!

We so appreciate your prayers and support. Several of you have supported us by buying coffee and I cannot thank you enough. I hope you are enjoying it. If anyone else would like to order coffee (Christmas presents!!!! Christmas is right around the corner. hint, hint), go to our website: www.justlovecoffee.com/ThePenners  It really is great coffee. I can now say I am a Just Love coffee snob!

Soli Deo Gloria!

No comments:

Post a Comment