Glory

Glory

Aug 1, 2012

Olympics Fun!

Aug. 1, 2012 - We have been enjoying some family time watching the Olympics together. Of course, with Ian's confidence (cough, cough..... OVERconfidence), he says he could learn to swim like Micheal Phelps and Izzy does somersaults (she calls them belly flops???? ha, ha)  every time the gymnastics comes on. "Mom, let's do belly flops!" I just laugh and push her over so she can finish her somersault.

Then there is Lucy......here is just an example of how she reacts watching the synchronized diving.


She watches the actual dive, cheers, then watches the replay and cheers again. It is quite entertaining! We have recently discovered that she just cheers whenever she sees anyone dive into the water. We realized this when she was watching a commercial and people were diving into the water. She cheered! Funny girl! We have so much fun with her and yes she is eating popcorn and drinking her juice while watching.  

Thanks to Micheal Phelps being the most decorated Olympian, it is fun seeing glimpses of Beijing on TV of places we have been as NBC replays highlights of the 2008 Olympics in Beijing. I catch myself saying, hey we were there, hey we were there too. Kind of fun. Do I dare say I miss the Asian culture. Yes, I know, I know I have a blog post of being so homesick while in China, but looking at pictures of China and recently receiving an awesome gift for our family, a National Geographic coffee table book about China, I am starting to miss Lucy's home country.

4 comments:

  1. Love the video! Hehe. We like the Olympics too - and you can cheer for 2 countries! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find myself cheering for China if the U.S. isn't doing so well in an event. Am I a bad fan or what? : )

      Delete
  2. Does she say any english words yet? Won't it be exciting when she can tell you what she is thinking and feeling?!! Love the video. Kind of reminds me of myself watching the Olympics (and diving in commercials). :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aunt Sandy,
      She isn't saying too many English words yet but she understands what we are saying to her. She obviously says Yay!!! and also bye-bye, hi, and yells MOM really loud when she needs something. Guess who she learned that from??? ha, ha! She tries to say banana and other words but it is not clear enough to understand. She just mimicks the sounds of the words. Hope all is well with you and Uncle Jim! : )

      Delete