 |
| Lucy standing on my "Adoption Paperwork" box. |
It seems that each day/week/month is flying by. My kids are growing before my eyes. Isabelle is saying some pretty funny things these days and will be starting a little dance class on Tuesday. I am pretty sure she will be in her element at this class. She has already asked what to wear for her first class. That's my girl! Ian and Aiden started 4-H. (Insert big sigh). I think it will be a good thing for them, I just hear how much time and work it takes and thus begins running the kids around to events. This group only meets one Sunday afternoon a month, however, Ian has decided to be in the Robotics/Lego group of 4H so he will be busy building a robot on Monday evenings. (Insert another big sigh). We will see how this year goes. Lucy keeps changing and growing also. I hear new words it seems daily, that
I can understand. I don't know if anyone else can understand them. One very clear word she says is "mombine" for combine. She can spot a combine in every field we pass. I think she has enjoyed her first harvest season on the farm. : ) Yee Haw!! I am still a little concerned about her speech and question if we are doing everything we need to be doing for her. I have decided to take her to the U of M International Adoption Clinic in Minneapolis for my own peace of mind. I hope they can answer some questions I have about her speech and other concerns. We go on Wednesday. So it will be another long drive for Lucy to another doctor's appointment and it may be unnecessary, but I am new at this adoption thing. I just want to make sure we are doing everything we are supposed to be doing with and for Lucy. Did I mention I am a bit of a worrier? Again, this appoinment will put my mind at ease, hopefully!
 |
| Look at that bed head |
 |
| Apples! |

Lucy and Izzy helped me peel apples to make apple pie filling. Lucy did such a great job with putting all the peels in a bucket for me. She follows instructions well....when she wants to....... so I know she understands what we are saying to her.
 |
| The end product for the birthday boy! |
We celebrated Jason's birthday on Saturday! Jason took enough time to come home for a birthday meal and then back out to work. Thankfully harvest is coming to an end and it is only the 1st of October. That is crazy! It will be nice to have an extra set of hands for bedtime again. Oh, and it will be nice to be able to spend some time with my man again too. : ) Happy birthday, Jason! We love you!
Jann and I are having the same feelings/frustrations when it comes to speech. I love how Henry understands *everything,* but it's been hard with his speech being *so* delayed. Yes, it's normal, but that doesn't make it easy to deal with when communicating gets frustrating. Seems like the Kruses are seeing similar things.
ReplyDeleteOn another subject, how far away from Bismarck are you?