Glory

Glory

Oct 7, 2012

To Great Grandmother's House We Go.....

We spent a little time with Jason's 93 year old grandmother this evening. Highlights of our visits at Great Grandma's are: 1. the toy closet - our kids play with some of the same toys that their Grandpa Penner played with as a child. 2. ICE CREAM!!! It seems that every visit at Great Grandma's includes a bowl or cone filled with ice cream. I think her freezer has a never ending supply of ice cream. This made Lucy's day. She LOVES ice cream! We all enjoyed having dessert BEFORE supper tonight. : ) 3. playing games with Great Grandma. It usually includes a game of Uno, but tonight the kids drew pictures for Grandmother instead.








On another note.....I am just ecstatic tonight as I think of some dear friends that share in the China adoption experience. Tonight (U.S. Central Time) they will be holding their daughter in their arms for the first time. This is their second journey to adopting a little girl from China and they were a HUGE help to us before we left to get Lucy. I am thrilled that there is yet another child who was an orphan and will be in the arms of her mommy and daddy in a few short hours. Oh, it brings tears to my eyes thinking back to those first moments with Lucy. I will be praying for this family as their daughter will be taken from everything she knows as normal and healing for her little heart. In fact Jason got the video camera out tonight and was replaying those first moments with Lucy while Lucy looked on. Oh, that cry......I will never forget that cry. She is such a different person now. Yes, we still have work to do, but she has come so far from that first day.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE all of this -- but I'm sure their great grandma LOVE it even more!!

    ReplyDelete