Glory

Glory

Jul 8, 2013

A Little Reunion

Hey, remember these people:

The Teagardens with their Ethan

The Dutters with their Ethan

Yeah, well we had just a perfect......what can only be a God planned....... meeting last week. We were on our way to Kansas for a Wiebe family reunion and The Dutters were on their way back to Indiana from their trip all over the west side of the country. Our paths ended up crossing at the Teagarden's house for the night. It was very very neat, encouraging, and awesome to get to see both of these families and to meet all their children.
The Teagarden Family

The Dutter Family
The kids had fun playing and wow, they all played very well together.
Ethan, Lucy, and Ethan :)

Yeah, we bribed them with suckers so they would take a good picture




 Christine and Wade were wonderful hosts. That is A LOT of people to have over for the night and they did just a wonderful job. I cannot thank them enough for all the yummy food and for making us feel so welcomed in their home.

Lucy and Ethan T. enjoying some yummy hummus and pita chips
 I felt like I was able to talk and enjoy being with everyone this time. In China I felt like I was a bundle of stress all the time dealing with Lucy's attachment (or shall we say, not so much wanting to attach) to me. It was nice to sit and chat this time around without that added stress.

 
 

 One topic of discussion, at least with the ladies, was this book:
I typed up a few of my thoughts on this book and have now erased them all. I will just say, it is not an easy book to read, especially for those that have adopted a child from an orphanage, but it is a good one to read to get a little perspective on orphanage living. Hope that makes sense. :)

To the rest of our travel group: I am so hoping we can get a BIG reunion to happen soon. Hopefully next summer. There may be some plans in the works. ;)

1 comment:

  1. I've got to admit to some righteous jealousy when I saw those photos. How neat for you all to get together for any length of time. Who knows when paths will realign, but I'm hopeful that we'll be able to make arrangements to be part of something soon.

    ReplyDelete