"Enter his gates with thanksgiving
and his courts with praise;
give thanks to him and praise his name."
Psalm 100:4
Thanksgiving. It is quickly approaching. This year I wanted to be intentional with sharing and thinking about things I am thankful for. It seems some days it is hard, at least for me, to think of life with a grateful heart. I have a tendency to compare my life to others around me and think of all that has NOT been given to me. How selfish is that? And so wrong! So, while in the shower one day (This is my place of solitude and deep thinking. Don't judge!) I thought I could get rid of those negative, self destroying thoughts. I have been taught that once you get rid of something negative you need to replace it with something positive.....Enter the positive replacement: my 2013 Thanksgiving List. For the month of November (At the very least one month. It may go longer.) I am going to use this blog as a place to write out all, well most of what I can think of on that day, my very own thankful list. (Yes, I know, Ann Voskamp beat me to this practice. I haven't even read her book yet. It is on the "to read" list.) I also have a friend that was keeping her own list each week and I loved reading it. I even think there is a challenge on Facebook about this very thing for the month of November. Yes, I know, it is not original, but at least this causes me to be intentional with noticing and listing all there is in this life to be thankful for.
Read if you want. Make your own list and leave it in my comments box. I want to know what others are thankful for. It is good to give thanks. It is good to reflect on the day and be thankful for the life you have been given instead of the life you have NOT been given. Let's give thanks for there is a lot we have been blessed with.
I am thankful for my faith, my family, my friends, my pets, my house, my clothing, my food, and my job.
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to reading this! (and hoping to re-start my much-needed for my weary soul list!)
ReplyDelete