Glory

Glory

Dec 11, 2011

Positives of the Week

On Thursday, Dec. 8th we received this in the mail:


Authenicated Chinese Consulate seal attached to each document of our dossier

On Friday, Dec. 9th we recieved this in the mail:

I-800A approval!!!!!!!

 
 What do these two pieces of paper mean you ask?! The first picture represents all our dossier paperwork having gone through the final step of being 'sealed' and ready to be sent off to our agency for critical review and then off to China. The second picture is the last document needed to complete our dossier, our I-800A approval. Tomorrow I am traveling to St. Paul to have this document certified by the Secretary of State and I am awaiting a phone call from my agency to tell me the quickest way to get this paper to Chicago to be authenticated by the Chinese Consulate. Unfortunately, I cannot travel to Chicago myself, so either a courier service will be used or we will express mail it.

This week has been quite a roller coaster of emotions, like so much of this process is. I have gone from complete devastation to rays of hope again with these two packages in the mail. After getting such devastating news on Tuesday, I decided to start focusing on the positives. I started texting Jason (since I do not see him much during the day or evening) with what is now our "positive of the day" text. Positives being, our papers are on their way, I am holding our authenticated papers in my hand, we have been approved. I cannot wait for the "positive of the day" to be, we have Lucy in our arms! I hope it brightens his day! : ) This all once again reminds me that I am not in control and it is time to let go of that selfish control I want to have. The Lord has heard my cries and has cared enough to show me that He does still have this process and Lucy in His control and He cares.

This is so worth celebrating! Today our church was celebrating the amazing giving that came in the last month and a half and during our celebration dinner. Before sitting down in church I checked our church mailbox and there was an anonymous financial gift given to us. The entire service I had to hold back tears, that is until the songs started, then I lost it! : ) People are listening to the Spirit and obeying what He is asking of them and I pray this generous person is blessed with more than he/she can imagine. Here is a song to show my gratitude to the One who is providing. Celebrate with me!




Soli Deo Gloria!

2 comments:

  1. This morning we took turns praying and Aiden prayed for all of your paperwork to get done quickly and for Lucy to be here :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So hilarious that you and Brad ran into each other at the Sec. of State's office! :) Our process is quite slow-going at the moment. Very discouraging at times.

    ReplyDelete