"CONGRATULATIONS, Jason & Laura,
Here’s the news you’ve long been waiting for—your dossier was sent to China today (1/13/2012)! "
What does this mean? All the running around, making appointments, printing out papers, getting papers sealed, getting fingerprints, etc. that we have been doing the past 11 months is done! Now, what may be the hardest part of this process, begins. We wait. We wait for CCCWA (China Center for Children's Welfare and Adoption) to recieve our dossier and acknowledge that it is on their desk and start their end of the process.
Let me tell an amazing story, once again, that happened earlier in the week. On Wednesday I recieved an email from CCAI that said we were missing 3 items needed to complete our dossier. All 3 items had to do with our home study agency. Immediately, I emailed our home study case worker. After sending the email I received one of those "out of office" replies. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!! She was not going to be in the office for another week. This was a frustrating day! On Thursday morning I was picking up some groceries after a meeting. Jason called me. He asked if I had looked at the email from CCAI. "No! Why?" Jason replied, "They have everything they need. Our dossier is complete and has moved onto translation and will be sent to China in the next few days." WHAT! How did that happen? It was explained to me that it was an oversight and everything is where it needs to be. They were moving our dossier forward. YAHOOOO!!!! Almost simultaneously, Jason and I said, Praise the Lord! Of course I was a little cautious in my excitement because I needed to know for sure that our dossier was complete before I fully allowed myself to be excited. The email we have recieved today completes my excitement!
We now wait for what is called a LID (Log In Date) from China. This usually takes about 3 weeks. A LID basically means China will work on getting us matched with our little Lucy. They review all our information and there is a lot more involved that I do not fully understand at this time. : ) We are just so excited for finally coming to this milestone. The only bad news is we could encounter some delays because January 23rd is the beginning of the Chinese New Year celebrations. Sometimes this holiday is celebrated for 15 days. Oh don't worry, we will be celebrating here, just maybe not 15 days worth. : )
It is time to get serious about redecorating Isabelle's room. I was holding off on this until we were done with our dossier. While I wait I would like to get her room ready for a roommate. : ) Right now I am in the "I need to bring all my ideas together" phase and then start executing the plan. We will see what the end result will be.
We are getting closer little Lucy!! Hang on, we are coming for you!
Soli Deo Gloria!
Yay! Great news!
ReplyDelete