Well I was going to try to be better about keeping this blog up to date, but finding time to sit and add pictures and write about life gets complicated this time of year......or any time of year for that matter. So here is a little summary of Penner life in some pictures, and some words, the past few weeks:
 |
| The boys after their piano recital with their teacher Miss Jenna |
 |
| Lucy during speech therapy. Looking in a mirror to see how her mouth should look to make the correct sound. I think here Miss Denise is teaching f-f-f-f-f |
 |
| Ian during his state presentation.....talking to Grandma Penner about Indiana. :) We made sugar cream pie for this presentation and it was tasty! |
 |
| My 4 loves! |
 |
| Mother's Day family photo and a photo we are sending in for our 1 year post adoption study |
I just sent our 8 pictures required for our 1 year post adoption home study. Here are a few we sent in:
 |
| Grandpa Herman and his granddaughters with the baby cradle he made each one for Christmas |
 |
| Lucy in our church child care playing with play dough |
 |
| I love that smile! :) |
 |
| "Mom, you 3 are wearing purple today," said Izzy our fashion and color expert of the family :) |
 |
| Christmas! |
I find myself thinking what we were doing 1 year ago. I have looked back at
this blog from a year ago and try to remember all the emotions and excitement we had at this point. I believe I am thinking about this so much because my brother and his wife are in the exact same position we were in one year ago. It is so exciting! They are leaving to get little Lilly on May 22nd. Oh, how excited this makes me! You can follow their blog
here. I have a lot to say about all the changes that have occurred in little Lucy's life in just one year, but I will have to save that for another time.:) I have a few special things planned for Lucy's Gotcha Day. Hopefully we can set aside time to celebrate among all the late spring planting that is going on here.
Lucy is making small progress with her speech. She is definitely trying to talk more. We go to a cleft clinic in July where she will go through hearing tests and more intense speech therapy among a lot of other specialty visits. We have met with her early childhood special education teacher and a speech teacher for next school year. The plan is to have Lucy go to class 2 mornings a week next year and see how she does with that schedule. It is possible for her to go 4 mornings a week, but this mom is having a hard time sending her barely 3 year old to school that often. If we see she needs extra help she may go more, but we decided to start with just 2 mornings a week.
Izzy had a dance recital on Saturday and I will have to get those pictures and video up on another post. Whew! With 4 kids in different activities it is hard to keep up!
Here is a video that just makes me laugh. I have to explain a little first. Ian decided to build this bike at the farm. He has not yet put pedals on the bike, but that does not stop Lucy from riding it. She figured out a way to ride the thing without pedals. Hee, hee! She is a funny girl! Oh and we have 4 baby kittens that Lucy is a little protective of at times.
No comments:
Post a Comment