Today (Sunday in China) we left Beijing on a flight to Zhengzhou, the capital of the Henan province. We said good bye to George and off we went. The honeymoon part of this process is over. We had our fun in Beijing, now it is time to prepare our minds and our hearts (not that we haven't already been doing that over the last year, but the time has finally come) for Lucy to be a part of our family. We were met by Yisha, our CCAI rep at the Zhengzhou airport. On our bus ride to the hotel, Yisha gave us papers that describe Lucy's routine in the orphanage and Yisha also gave us a lot of information about what is going to happen over the next few days. We all must have had a 'deer in the headlights' look, at least that is how I felt I must have looked. It is going to be a whirlwind over the next few days! Here is some of Lucy's routines: She drinks formula from a bottle (yes, still!!) and eats rice cereal and noodles. It also says she likes vegetables and meat. : ) She usually goes to bed at 9 p.m. and wakes up at 5 a.m. with two naps during the day. It says she does not wake up in the middle of the night (we shall see what happens when we bring her out of her comfort zone what will happen). It says she is lively and active and she is a little afraid of worm (hmmmmm, what does that mean exactly?? : ) ) It says her roommate friend is Ya Du. She sleeps by herself in a crib and they call her Fei Fei. : )
When we arrived at our hotel room, I started unpacking our stuff and getting all of Lucy's clothes and bottles and formula and toys out in preparation of her arrival. The contractions are getting closer and I am getting completely ready for our addition. : ) We ran to Wal-Mart quick (down the road from our hotel, but so not like the American version of Wal-Mart, but still interesting!) to get a few things now that we know what she eats and drink.
I don't know if this has all sunk into my mind yet. It is all so amazingly surreal! As Jason and I were talking about this adoption process over our supper at KFC (yes, there is a KFC right down the road from our hotel, it was a challenge ordering until they gave us a picture to point to. ha!) we discussed how after all our waiting and waiting, now that the time has come, the wait doesn't seem so bad. : )
God is good and I thank Him for this honor and privilege to do what He has asked of not only myself, but our family. Our kids at home are being asked to be without Jason and myself for over 2 weeks and that is making one of our children sad (at least one that I know of). I pray that God would be working in their lives during this time we are apart just as much as He is working in my own heart and life with this adoption.
Now I am going to close this computer up and ponder and pray over everything that is about to happen in just about 12 hours. Lucy's life is about to be turned upside down and so is ours, but in unimagineable ways.
To God alone be the glory!
Thanks for taking us with you on your journey!
ReplyDeleteLord, we continue to lift up Laura and Jason to You. We thank You for the faith and trust in You that they have shown to many throughout this process. From the beginning of them being introduced to Lucy, Laura and Jason have shown a great love for her. I pray that as they meet Lucy and take her into their arms, that somehow she will feel and know that love, even at her young age, and that the transition from the orphanage into their arms and their family will go better than our minds can fathom.
ReplyDeleteLord, be with the kids back home. I pray that sad hearts will be comforted and that time will go quickly for them.
Thank You for walking each step along the way with the Penners in this process.
Amen
Praying for you!
ReplyDeleteI'm a little afraid of worm too. :) Love and miss you guys! You should have met Lucy by now!!!!!
ReplyDeleteWow! So amazing. I wish I could be a little mouse in the corner. Maybe I've said that already?!? I'm sure by now you have little Lucy in your arms. Can't wait to hear all about it. Been praying for you in the night when feeding little Austin & every time I think of you through the day, especially today. God is good! May He give you extra strength right now!
ReplyDeleteHaha, I just re-read that & realized I said "little" 3 times. My word of the day I guess. :)
Delete