Glory

Glory

May 28, 2012

Visa Photo and Medical Exam

May 28, 2012 - This morning after our yummy hotel breakfast, we went to the clinic to get all the children from our travel group checked over by the clinic staff and to get their visa photo taken.

Lucy and her friend Laikyn waiting in the hotel lobby for our bus to the clinic.

Lucy did great, so did the rest of the kids I might add. We were in and out of there in about 1 hour. When we first walked off the elevator onto the floor where the clinic is located, I was a little nervous. There was a sea of people waiting to see the doctor. Yikes!

All people waiting to see the doctor. This looks a little different than Mayo Clinic Health System in St. James : )
The good thing was after getting a quick visa photo - yes, you read that right.....A QUICK photo. This time it was a couple of clicks and Lucy was done with her photo. Yippeeee! Anyway, after a quick photo we went back to a different area for adoption families to see the doctor. There were three stations we had to visit: the nurses' station (get height, weight, temperature), ENT (ear, nose, and throat doctor) and general physical station (look over all of the body).

Lucy getting weighed

At 23 months Lucy is 85 cm tall and weighs 13.5 kg
She did not want to open her mouth for ENT. Probably the last time she opened her mouth like this was when she had surgery on her palate and this may have brought back some bad memories

General physician listening (quickly I might add) to Lucy's heart (or maybe it was her lungs, too quick to tell)
playing with another friend, Ethan, while we waited for everyone to finish up

Using up that energy while we wait

L is for Lucy : )
No major concerns from the clinic. Once everyone was finished we traveled back to our hotel. We made a stop at McD's for lunch (for the 50th time it feels like) and then to our room for Lucy's nap. Once Lucy woke up we took a taxi to Shamian Island where the famous White Swan Hotel is located. The White Swan is where the majority of Chinese adoptive families stay while in Guangzhou. The famous red couch where all the adoptive children get their picture taken is there. However, we do not get to stay at The White Swan because it is closed for renovations. We heard there are a lot of fun shops and places to visit on Shamian Island, so we skipped the Pearl River dinner cruise that was optional for us to attend. We decided to go on our own little excursion. It was a rainy day, but it stopped enough for us to walk around a park by the Pearl River and do some shopping for our kids back home who are waiting patiently for us to come home. We ate supper at a place called Lucy's (how fitting) that was recommended to us. It was pretty good. I am pretty sure these poor shops and restaurants are hurting a little since the big White Swan hotel is close.

Lucy's restaurant

checking out the boats going by on the Pearl River

Lucy found her own little viewing spot

"I crack myself up!"
It was another fun day with our little Lucy. She continues to wave and smile at people as we walk by. People here seem to be a little more friendly and wave back to her and then say something in Chinese to her which I hope is something nice. : )



Our little Lucy Fei

7 comments:

  1. Loved hearing Lucy's laugh! - and yours too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see pictures of her in her new home and meeting her brothers and sister. I'm sure it's hard for you to wait too. But it's obvious she is getting more comfortable with you and Jason in each post. I guess God must have planned it just right, huh? :) Love, Aunt Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore all the pictures and hearing Lucy's sweet laughter! The picture of Lucy peering through the wall by Pearl River stole my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved hearing you all laugh together on the video! Also, glad you caught a video of her waving. She fits in quite well with your family, I can imagine all the stories she will be telling us in a year from now. I am so excited for your return! The count down has begun! Miss ya! ~ Karla

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a funny little peanut! I think that ornery streak will fit right into the Penner family. :) Love and miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for taking us along and writing so faithfully! I'm sure you are tired at the end of the day and feel the need for rest - but we appreciate it!
    A few weeks ago Aunt Vange gave us this scripture (after announcing our move) and I think it is fitting for you right now:
    For He will give His angels (especial) charge over you to accompany and defend and preserve you in all your ways (of obedience and service).They shall bear you up on their hands, lest you dash your foot against a stone."

    Ps. 91:11-12 (amp)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cool that you get to be there for the medical appointment! LOVE reading your updates!

    ReplyDelete