| Walking into the building where Lucy will meet us for the first time |
| The proud parents to be waiting for Lucy to arrive |
| Holding Lucy for the first time |
| This is a life changing moment for Lucy |
| The orphanage kept the book we sent her and gave it back! |
| checking dad out |
| Lucy and Daddy |
| The orphanage also kept the disposable camera we gave them. I cannot wait to get those pictures developed |
| The first time meeting mom and dad is exhausting |
It was just so hilarious that Lucy came into the room dressed in what looks like a princess/tinkerbell dress. I think her big sister would appreciate that a lot. We have another princess in the family.
The first day was rough. Once we came back to our hotel room we played for a little bit and then the housekeepers brought in a crib into our room. Lucy did not like that one bit. She cried for pretty much the rest of the day until she wore herself out and fell asleep. We were able to skype with our kids at home and she did enjoy that. We have seen a few smiles, but overall you can see the grieveing process happening with her. She already is a daddy's girl and has bonded to Jason more than me. People keep telling me it will just take time and she will bond to me also. I see a few signs of that already, which is good.
She is fighting sleep right now. So I better go. She does not like being in our hotel room and Jason is having to pace the room to help calm her down. She prefers to be outside and with people. Although her first night of sleep went really well and for that we are really thankful. We are just learning what makes her happy during the day.
Amazing to see your first precious moments with Lucy! I viewed in widescreen and detected her being a Daddy's girl before I read your comments! How sweet! That will mean so much for all of you for years to come! Hope I get to meet her someday! Love and prayers to you! I can tell you are smiling so much your face is going to hurt! jm
ReplyDeleteAll I can say is "Oh, she is precious"! So happy that God has placed her in your arms and in your family.
ReplyDeleteBig Hug for you, Friend!! The tears are flowing. Precious pictures!! I am so happy for you and for her - yes, her world has turned upside-down, but what a blessing! Praying for bonding & adjustments!
ReplyDeleteSo happy for ALL of you. What a blessing for Lucy to have you for a family. Praying for a gracious transition and precious times together.
ReplyDeleteDennis S.
Beautiful and precious!! What a blessing for you all. Praying continuously for you!!
ReplyDeleteSimilar things happening here in Ethiopia, friend. Praying for you.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!!! Lucy is absolutely precious and now she knows the love of a mommy and daddy. Praying for you and her little heart as she transitions to your family. Reading your journey so far has brought back so many memories with our Samantha in China. :)
ReplyDelete