Glory

Glory

May 24, 2012

Zoo Day

May 24, 2012 - Pictures for the day:


Our home away from home in Zhengzhou. It really is quite nice inside with great breakfasts!! : )

All ready for the zoo. (Yes, her shirt says "I'm Awesome" cause she is!)

Lucy still needs a little work on her photo smile. : )

This is pretty much what she did all morning at the zoo. She loved all the animals and pointed to them as she saw them.

Lucy looking at the giraffes

Where did the ducks go?

Hanging out in the Panda's den

A live Panda bear. Can't say I have ever seen one of these live nor do I know if I ever will see one again. Pretty cool!

No Funning???? : )

It's time to go
Supper at McD's. They serve corn with their happy meals. : ) They also gave us a little ice cream cone. We think this may be Lucy's first taste of ice cream because she made quite the face when she realized how cold it was. Then she asked for more. The two guys you see in the background were obviously talking about us during their supper. We kind of feel like celebrities here. People pointing and staring and wanting to practice their English on us. At first I was kind of annoyed by it, now I think it is so fun!  

It was another monumental day in our bonding process. Lucy did so well all day, playing with us, eating very well, and even blowing kisses without being prompted to do so, that is until after her hour nap this afternoon. When she woke up she acted like the old Lucy, crying and not able to settle down. We ended up taking a walk while she was in her stroller and that seemed to help a little. Each day seems to get better and better with her handling all this change. Praise the Lord!

3 comments:

  1. It is a lot for a little girl to handle. I am sure your love and spirit will shine through and continue to win her heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys have been on my mind alot and I have been praying for little's Lucy's heart. When we were in China one of our guides told us, "your new child is like flower whose petals are tightly shut, and with love and time those petals will slowly begin to open to reveal a beautiful flower". Savor every moment, before your know it you will be home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love what your guide said. Our flower is opening up before our very eyes. Thank you Sara for all your help and advice throughout this process! Soon you will be here again. : ) Take care.

      Delete