Today I am thankful for......
1. a case at work that we thought was going to go bad, went just fine. No chest compressions needed. :) The life of a nurse.
2. Working with our old nurse anesthetist again. It was nice working with you again, Tim.
3. Frozen pizza.
4. Talking with patients and hearing their stories. There are so many hurting people out there. Sometimes they just want a listening ear.
5. MLC Thanksgiving/Christmas concert led by Aaron Petersen. The last song sung by the whole student body. All 60 some of them. :) Excellent! Waiting. Longing hearts waiting.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdmpHQnZsy0
6. This C.S. Lewis quote I saw among quite a few of his quotes on this, the 50th anniversary of his death: "Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art... It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things that give value to survival."
7. My sweet and very tired 5-year-old's arm around my neck not wanting to let me go as she went to sleep. I relished this time instead of rushing away as I usually do.
No comments:
Post a Comment